Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This and That



Michael is doing fabulously in school this year. He has not had ONE problem so far, which is huge for him. He works very hard to get through each day, and other than sometimes forgetting his planner or homework, he's doing great. We've struggled a bit in the mornings but we've switched some things around and that seems to be going better so far. We haven't heard from his mother since Mother's Day when she calledh him. She is pregnant and has either gotten remarried or is planning to. She is living in Texas and I seriously doubt that Michael will ever see her or his half-brother again. Such a sad thing because they love one another very much. He loves to sit and read to his sister or play with her, it's great to watch them!




Hanna is growing quickly, she'll be 2 in just a few short months. It's hard for me to believe! She had to go to the doctor last week because she has a sinus infection and she's gained not quite a pound in 3 months. I'm a bit concerned but we just keep plugging along. I've been giving her Instant Breakfast as her chocolate milk to give her a few extra vitamins etc. She eats well for the most part as long as she does sneak in a "nack" first.




My neice, Kayle who is soon to be 12 is recovering from the H1n1 flu. She was out of school all last week. My brother and my mom are both sick and it sounds as though maybe Mel is getting sick too. We are staying away from them because I don't want the kids, especially Hanna with her already weak immune system to get that crap.




Doug is struggling with anxiety, and maybe some PTSD symptoms of getting sick and going to the hospital. He's having some insomnia and with that waking me up to tell me he's not sleeping. We've got to get something worked out because we are both exhausted and I still have to get up and get the kids going and get to work and he has to drive to work. It's kind of frustrating because then I get to feel like a jerk for not supporting him because I'm so tired and getting woke up in the middle of the night 100 times for him to tell me he's not sleeping isn't so cool. If he really needed me to get up that's one thing, it's a whole other thing when that's not what's going on. We will plug through this though, for better or worse. They are working on getting his cpap straightened out and maybe switching him to a bipap, hopefully that will help too. I think it will lessen his anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment